*Candy cane Ada made with yarn and a dowel
*Beaded Purse, made in India
*Josie’s Vintage Stripey Dress
Have a great weekend!
Confetti System, diy, DIY wedding decorations, engagement party, engagement party decorations, Lovely Indeed, paper craft, party decoratinos, Playtime, tassels, The Sweetest Occasion, tissue paper, tissue paper tassels
We made these tissue paper tassels to decorate an engagement party for our friends Kristin and Linsey. The lovely weather and people made the day so much fun. I spotted tassels in an adorable booth at Playtime in March and it reminded me I’d been wanting to make some myself. The Playtime tassels were from Confetti System – an amazing and inspiring site if you don’t already know. To make our own version we followed these directions posted by Chelsea on The Sweetest Occasion. Thank you ladies! The only changes we made to the concise directions were to use two sheets of tissue instead of one and to tie the twine around our tassel ends. The process of cutting and twisting is so simple and completely satisfying. I love a project that transforms the simple into the magical!
We designed this card for my sister’s April baby shower, but it is also a fun spring card for kids to make and send. Ada liked discovering what colors could be made by overlapping the raindrops. You will need:
*Tissue Paper in various blues and greens
*Card Stock or blank card
*Vellum Envelope to fit card
1. Fold tissue paper into width of eight layers. (You can do more or less depending on the sharpness of your scissors).
2. Cut out raindrop shape through all layers.
3. Repeat until all raindrops are cut and then separate individual drops.
4. Cover front of card with glue.
5. Stick down raindrops one at a time and then let glue dry.
6. Print this message inside card: “April Showers Bring…”
7. Place card inside envelope and drop it in the mail.
8. Keep checking the blog. The next step in the two-part mailing will be posted soon!