Ada had a half day of school last week and it rained, so we needed a project to keep the girls busy in the house. We came up with these ribbon wands. Josie loves the wands at her dance class and we had the supplies at home already. The girls picked out their ribbon colors, I attached them to the dowels and Ada tuned her radio to a classical station for a ballerina dance party. To make your ribbon wand you will need:
*Dowel (we cut ours in half)
*Lightweight Ribbons or Seam Binding
*Needle and Thread
*Scissors or Pinking Shears
1. Cut ribbons to desired length.
2. Line up ribbon ends in a stack.
3. Put a bit of glue at the end of the dowel and wrap ribbons around the dowel as shown.
4. Put a bit more glue at the end of the ribbon wrap and stitch into place.
5. If ribbons unravel at the ends, use pinking shears and seal ends with a bit of glue.
6. Allow glue to dry and start dancing.