chocolate peanut butter, chocolate peanut butter cups, dessert, DIY gift, Echo Letterpress, food, gift wrap, homemade gifts, Natural peanut butter recipe, peanut butter cup
I always need to wrap these Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups as soon as they cool to avoid eating all of them by myself. They are simple to make and really good. We used wrappers from Ikea, boxes from Paper Source and letterpress gift tags from the charming Echo letterpress. Wax paper cut with scalloped scissors keeps oils from the peanut butter from getting on the box. To make your own Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups you will need:
*11.5 oz. Bag of Milk Chocolate Chips (We love Ghirardelli’s)
*1 Cup Chunky Natural Peanut Butter (Smooth works well too)
*1/4 -1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar (to taste)
*Candy Cups (We made 24 of various sizes with this recipe. You will need two wrappers per cup)
*Wax Paper, Boxes, Twine for Wrapping
*Scallop or Pinking Shears (optional)
1. Mix together peanut butter and confectioners sugar. Set aside.
2. Spread out candy wrappers in a single layer on a tray. (The second wrapper will be placed over the first when the peanut butter cups are finished).
3. Using a heat-safe bowl and heavy bottom pan, make a double boiler by adding a few inches of water to the pan and floating the bowl inside. Pour chocolate chips into bowl. Stirring frequently, slowly melt chips over medium/low heat until they become liquid. (The warm water will keep chocolate soft as you work).
4. Using a small spoon carefully place a little melted chocolate into a wrapper and swirl until the sides of wrapper are coated. Repeat until all wrappers are coated.
5. Place tray of coated wrappers in freezer for 15 minutes to cool and then remove.
6. If chocolate in bowl has cooled, heat again until completely melted.
7. Using another small spoon, place a bit of peanut butter inside each chocolate-coated wrapper. Be sure not to let the peanut butter mound up above the top of the wrapper. (This makes for a neater peanut butter cup).
8. Carefully spoon a bit of melted chocolate over the peanut butter to seal it inside.
9. Return the completed cups to the freezer for 15 minutes to cool.
10. Place each peanut butter cup inside a second wrapper to hide any grease marks.
11. Wrap them up!