These felt popsicles are made with mini wooden craft sticks and are just the right size for little hands. Ada has been counting the days until popsicle season, so I decided to make her some for her play kitchen. To make your own you will need:
*Variety of Felt in Popsicle Colors (This is my favorite source for wool felt)
*Mini Craft Sticks (Amazon has some here)
*Felt-tipped pen or chalk
1. Draw a popsicle shape on card stock and cut out. Our popsicle pattern is about 3″ x 1.5″.
2. Fold felt in half and trace pattern onto felt using pen or chalk. (Or just hold pattern onto felt and carefully cut around it).
3. Cut out two popsicle shapes from each color.
4. Glue craft stick to the inside of one of the felt pieces.
5. Put a small amount of stuffing on top of the felt and lay the second popsicle half on top.
6. Using the embroidery floss, blanket stitch around the edges of popsicle beginning at one edge of the craft stick.
7. When you get to the other edge of the craft stick tie off stitch and secure with a small bit of glue. Use the needle to thread floss inside popsicle and cut off the end.