Ice Cream DIY, ice cream recipe, maple syrup recipe, natural peanut butter, New Hampshire, peanut butter recipe, real maple syrup, Ronnybrook Farm, saffron peanut butter maple syrup ice cream, saffron recipe
I grew up in New Hampshire and real maple syrup is on my list of things worth living for. The combination of natural peanut butter and real maple syrup is crazy delicious. We used only a few ingredients in this recipe, and the quality of each is important. Use the best you can find for the best results. (Ada busted me with this cup after I took the shot. I was pretending to eat soup in the 90 degree heat so I wouldn’t have to share). I am not proud, but it is hide-from-your-child good.
To make your own Peanut Butter Maple Syrup Ice Cream you will need:
*1 Cup Chunky Natural Peanut Butter (We used a Trader Joe’s PB with Flax Seed for extra crunch)
*1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Real Maple Syrup (Any grade you prefer, but not imitation syrup)
*1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
*1 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream (We use Ronnybrook Farm for both)
*1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
*4 Strands Saffron (Optional, but really good)
*Pinch of Sea Salt
*Ice Cream Maker
1. Gently heat 1/4 cup of Milk and crush Saffron into it. Stir, cover and allow Milk to simmer for five minutes.
2. Turn off heat and let Milk and Saffron cool for half an hour before returning to the fridge and chilling for another hour.
3. Mix together Peanut Butter and Maple Syrup until smoothly combined.
4. Add Milk, Saffron Milk, and Cream and continue to mix until evenly smooth (about 30 seconds).
5. Stir in Vanilla and Salt.
6. Place mixture into Ice Cream Maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.